Pop Up Performance Series
Upcoming Performances - New Classical Music Series
The Roswell Music Club is a neighborhood organization in Roswell, Georgia, dedicated to presenting extraordinary classical artists in intimate settings. More information: https://www.roswellmusicclub.com
Friends of Mimosa Hall & Gardens is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to preserving Mimosa Hall and promoting its use for the community. More information: https://www.friendsofmimosa.org/
Save with a 2023 season package!
Five (5) and ten (10) show season packages available until February 18, 2023.
Option to upgrade to season package will be available when you select a show below.
Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Stephen Mark Brown, Tenor
Internationally acclaimed American tenor, Stephen Mark Brown, has sung in many of the most important operatic venues around the globe. From the beginning of his career collaborating with the late Luciano Pavarotti on Pavarotti Plus, opening a season at Milan’s La Scala with Maestro Riccardo Muti to live broadcasts with Karina Mattila and Renata Scotto, Stephen Mark Brown has always pushed the bounds of his repertoire and operatic roles.
Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Ann Marie McPhail, Soprano
Doctoral candidate in Voice Performance, Ann Marie McPhail excels in singing classical music and is supremely skillful in her heart-rending interpretations of the negro spiritual. She most recently had the honor of studying with the magnificent soprano and 2009 Kennedy Center Honoree Grace-Melzia Bumbry in Vienna, Austria.
Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Brandon Quarles, Saxophone
Dr. Brandon Quarles is a music-maker and teacher who thrives on cross-genre collaborations. He is an explosive saxophonist who has performed classical, rock, r&b and jazz music. His riveting quality of sound and musicality is breathtaking.
Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Asheville, North Carolina Songstress Jane Kramer has garnered international recognition for the sultry, heartrending originality of her vocals and for the heavy-hitting lyrical eloquence of her songwriting. Kramer’s songs are introspective, gracefully gritty and fiercely memorable. Her live performances are equally as poignant and engaging; rich with accessible, warm, often hilarious storytelling and gracefully lifting the veil between audience and performer.
Sunday, June 18, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Tyler Hartley returns to the The Roswell Music Club after a much loved concert last year. Tyler studied at the Eastman School of Music under Kathleen Bride and under Elisabeth Remy Johnson of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. She is currently serving her second term as Secretary of the Georgia Chapter of the American Harp Society.
Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Denielle Wilson, Cellist
Denielle Wilson is an absolutely amazing cellist who has risen to the elite of her profession with grace, elegance and passion. She currently performs in the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in addition to her past performances with other orchestras and important festivals. She is a strong advocate for music education for young people.
Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Soprano Bevin Hill has gained attention as a performer of great charm and charisma in a variety of leading roles. While frequently cherished for her comedic gifts, being memorably lauded as a “rubber-kneed goddess of slapstick,” Ms. Hill has also been praised for her nuanced acting, technical finesse, and vocal control interpreting tragedienne roles.
About the Pop Up Performance Series
Imagine a space for music, theatre, and dance…a place where our community gathers to enjoy a favorite band or ballet production…a destination for entertainment, inspiration, and laughter… an opportunity to showcase emerging talent and bring world-class performances to our city.
The RAF Pop Up series is the first step towards building a permanent, premium performing arts venue in Roswell with the potential to complement our robust restaurant scene, increase tourism, embody our local pride, strengthen our brand, and activate our Modern Spirit. Southern Soul.
On behalf of the City of Roswell, Roswell Arts Fund completed a three-part Performance Space Feasibility Study and presented the final results to the City on May 14th, 2018
The findings of the study, led by Webb Management and DLR Group, showed the following:
- Roswell’s unique location and character present a prime opportunity for a state-of-the-art, regionally distinct facility able to stand out and co-exhist with neighboring venues.
- High levels of income and education in addition to diversity in age and race indicate a strong potential audience for traditional and non-traditional programming.
- The potential programming could include regular performances by an in-house band or ensemble; local, regional, and national touring acts; and outside rentals.
- Market demands for a performance space are high and yet there is a clear gap in available high-quality spaces in the area.
What Make A Pop In Experience Unique?
- Diversity: Performances from a variety of genres and cultures
- Creativity: Unique opportunities in each space for merged art experiences
- Community: One of a kind living room concerts connecting you to the music, your neighbors and your surroundings
- Collaboration: World class performers alongside incredible local artists
Highlights from Past Performances
- In October 2021, we welcomed Jake Xerxes Fussell and band to our first concert under the stars at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. This Pop Up also marked our first performance that was funded in part by a grant from South Arts in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts.
- The inaugural season of the RAF Pop Up Performance Series began with a standing room-only concert at the intimate Roswell Historic Cottage.
- Due to COVID-19, our plans changed but the show must go on and we quickly reimagined our events and transformed parking lots into safe, physically distant yet social spaces for artists and audiences.
- 1400 concert-goers joined us for in-person concerts coming from Roswell, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Marietta, Smyrna, Decatur, and Atlanta.
- Another 2100 households tuned in for our first-ever live stream concert early in 2020.
- Headliners in 2020 included: Ed Roland (of Collective Soul), John Driskell Hopkins (of Zac Brown), Randall Bramblett Band, Acoustic Syndicate, Ruby Velle and Enrique Che (of Making Movies)